5-46. SPARK ARRESTOR AND TAIL PIPE
This task covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Main Engine Shutdown (see para 2-12.)
(Appendix B, Section 111, Item 1)
APU Shutdown (see para 2-16.)
Batteries Disconnected (see para 4-114.)
Exhaust pipe can be hot enough to cause severe bums. Allow
exhaust system to cool before servicing.
(1) Grind off any tac-welds holding spark arrestor and tail pipe (1) to exhaust tubing (2).
(2) Remove six hex nuts (3) and flat washers (4) from clamps (5).
(3) Remove three clamps (5).
(4) Remove spark arrestor and tailpipe (1) from exhaust pipe (2).
(1) Install spark arrestor and tailpipe (1) onto exhaust pipe (2).
(2) Install three clamps (5) with six flat washers (4) and hex nuts (3).
(1) Connect batteries (see para 4-114).