2-15. EMERGENCY AERIAL PROCEDURES - Continued
Using Emergency Hydraulic Pump.
(1) Move SYSTEM LOCK lever to RUN position.
To avoid damaging emergency hydraulic pump, actuate desired
function before turning emergency hydraulic pump on.
Do not operate emergency hydraulic pump for more than 5
minutes at a time. Allow motor to cool for 1 minute before
reactivating emergency hydraulic pump.
(2) Engage desired hydraulic control lever.
(3) Push HYDRAULIC EMERG. POWER switch and hold (a maximum of five minutes) until hydraulic
function is completed.
(4) Release HYDRAULIC EMERG. POWER switch.
If the main hydraulic pump and emergency hydraulic pump
malfunction, provisions have been made to allow for manually
lowering ladder and retracting outriggers. See para (b thru e)
The manual operation of the hydraulic functions is intended only
to permit transportation of the aerial ladder to repair facilities.
Retracting Ladder Sections.
(1) On the aluminum valve block located on top end of
the lower two extension cylinders, loosen the 3/4 inch
lock-nut and remove protection cap. Turn allen screw
To prevent possible injury, be certain all
personnel are clear of ladder before
(2) Move EXTEND/RETRACT hydraulic control lever to
RETRACT position. Ladder will retract.
(3) Unless the ladder is elevated to a high angle, a rope
will have to be used to provide full retraction of ladder