2-14. AERIAL LADDER SET-UP - Continued
(7) Do not set outriggers on or near manhole covers,
storm sewers, etc.
(8) Avoid overhead obstructions (cables, structures, etc.).
c. Engaging PTO.
(1) Shift the transmission into N (neutral).
(2) Set the PARKING BRAKE (pull up).
(3) Block the front wheels in both directions.
(4) Activate the AERIAL MASTER switch.
(5) Activate the AERIAL PTO switch.
d. Setting Outriggers. The outrigger control panels and
aerial control panel are located at the rear of the truck.
(1) Open aerial/outrigger control panel door.
(2) Set DIVERTER VALVE OUTRIGGER/AERIAL switch
to OUTRIGGER position For safety reasons, the
outrigger hydraulic functions and the ladder hydraulic
functions cannot be operated at the same time.
For safety reasons, the outrigger hydraulic
functions and the ladder hydraulic functions
cannot be operated at the same time.
(3) Activate engine HIGH IDLE switch.
(4) Open outrigger control panel doors.
Be sure area around truck is clear of all
Crushing injury may result.
(5) Fully extend front and rear outriggers.