Flat surface of thrust spacer faces up.
(6) Install two new piston rings (14) on thrust spacer (I5).
(7) Install thrust spacer (15) in compressor backplate (16).
(8) Align oil lubrication holes (17) in backplate (16) and center
housing (5) and install backplate on center housing.
reused. Screws can come loose
and destroy turbocharger.
(9) Install four screws (19) in backplate (16).
(10) Tighten screws (19) to 80 to 100 lb in (9 to 11 Nm).
If a new backplate with a warning
plate is inadvertently installed, the
warning plate must be removed and
the three drive screw holes plugged
to prevent air leakage.