4-186. RUN/LOCK SELECTOR VALVE - Continued
(1) Remove fittings (9) from valve (8).
Use care when removing adapter (10) not to damage spool (12).
(2) Unscrew adapter(10) and remove washer(11) from spool (12).
(3) Remove two snap rings (13).
(4) Remove spool (12) from valve (8).
(5) Remove spool seals (14) from spool (12) and discard.
Cleaning and Inspection.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is potentially dangerous. Avoid repeated and prolonged breathing of vapors and
skin contact with the liquid. Do not use near open flame, arcing equipment or other ignition sources. Always
wear eye protection and protective clothing. The flash point of P-D-680 is 100 to 138 deg. F (38 to 59 deg. C).
Death or serious injury could occur if compressed air is directed against the skin. Do not use compressed air
for cleaning or drying unless the pressure is/has been reduced to 30 psi (2.11 kg/cm2) or less. When working
with compressed air, always use chip guards, eye protection and other personal protective equipment.
(1) Clean all parts in dry cleaning solvent (Item 3, Appendix E); dry using compressed air.
(2) Inspect valve housing (8) and spool (12) for deep grooves or score marks. Replace if defective.
Spool and housing are not available as separate items. If either part is damaged, the entire valve assembly
must be replaced.