4-156. SR-1 SPRING BRAKE VALVE
THIS TASK COVERS:
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Main Engine Shutdown (see para 2-12 .)
(Appendix B, Section III, Item 1)
Batteries Disconnected (see para 4-114 .)
All Air Tanks Drained (see para 4-157 .)
The SR-1 spring brake valve is located on the passenger side
on the frame in front of and above the forward tandem
differential. Refer to locator view in para 4-147 air system
schematic in Appendix G for additional information.
(1) Prior to removing the spring brake valve, apply
the parking brakes and drain all the vehicle
(2) Identify all air lines before disconnecting.
(3) Remove the two mounting bolts from the
spring brake valve and remove the valve.
(1) Install the spring brake valve and fasten with
two mounting bolts.
(2) Install air lines.
(1) Connect batteries (see para 4-114).
(2) Check for leaks as described in para 4-147 .