4-155. D2 GOVERNOR
THIS TASK COVERS:
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Main Engine Shutdown (see para 2-12 .)
(Appendix B, Section III, Item 1)
Batteries Disconnected (see para 4-114 .)
Truck Wheels Blocked
All Air Tanks Drained (see para 4-157 .)
Gasket (Figure 87, Appendix F)
Engine Compartment Doors Open
The D-2 Governor is located on the air compres-
sor on the engine.
(1) Tag and disconnect reservoir air line.
(2) Remove governor mounting bolts and
remove governor and gasket. Discard gasket.
(3) Clean the mounting surfaces on both the
compressor and governor.
(4) Clean connecting line or lines. Be certain the
unloading port is clear and clean.
(1) Install governor and new gasket and secure
with mounting bolts.
(2) Connect air line to governor.
(1) Connect batteries (see para 4-114).
(2) Check for leaks as described in 4-147 .