4-154. R-12 RELAY VALVES
THIS TASK COVERS:
Too[ Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Main Engine Shutdown (see para 2-12 .)
(Appendix B, Section IIl, Item 1)
Batteries Disconnected (see para 4-114 .)
All Air Tanks Drained (see para 4-157 .)
There are two R-12 relay valves. They are located
on the inside of each frame rail between the tan-
Refer to the locator view in para 4-147 and the air
schematics in Appendix G for additional informa-
(1) Tag and disconnect air lines from relay valve.
(2) Remove two mounting bolts and remove valve.
(1) Install valve and install two bolts.
(2) Connect air lines to valve.
(1) Connect batteries (see para 4-114).
(2) Check for leaks as described in para 4-147 .