4-153. PRESSURE PROTECTION VALVES
THIS TASK COVERS:
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Main Engine Shutdown (see para 2-12 .)
(Appendix B, Section Ill, Item 1)
Batteries Disconnected (see para 4-114 .)
All Air Tanks Drained (see para 4-157 .)
There are five pressure protection valves located within the air
brake system. Three are located on the top passenger side
tank. One valve is located on the bottom air tank on the
driver's side. The fifth valve is located on the air tank located
on the rear of the truck above the fuel tank.
Refer to locator view in para 4-147 and the air schematics in
Appendix G for additional information.
(1) Tag and disconnect the air lines leading to
and from the pressure protection valve.
(2) Remove the mounting bolts, that secure the
Check psi rating of valve being replaced. Replace
valve with new valve of equal psi rating only.
(1) Reinstall the mounting bolts and secure the
replacement valve to the vehicle.
(2) Reconnect the air lines to the pressure
(1) Connect batteries (see para 4-114).
(2) Check for air leaks as described in para 4-147).