4-147. AIR LINES AND PIPING
THIS TASK COVERS:
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Main Engine Shutdown (see para 2-12 .)
(Appendix B, Section lll, Item 1)
APU Shutdown (see para 2-16 .)
Death or serious injury could occur if compressed air is directed
against the skin. Always drain the air tank via the drain cocks prior to
maintaining the service brake valve.
Refer to locator illustration on following page and air system
schematic in Appendix G for additional information.
(1) Check all fittings for tightness.
(2) Check for leaks with soap and water solution applied to all lines, fittings and components with air
system pressurized. No leakage is allowed.
(1) Open drain cocks on six air tanks and drain air system.
(2) Loosen nuts on hose fittings as required.
(3) Remove hoses as required.
(1) Install hoses.
(2) Tighten fittings.
(3) Start engine and charge air system.
(4) Check for air leaks (see para a.(2) above).