(2) Loosen two hose clamps (4) and disconnect hose (5) from water pump.
(3) Remove bolts (6) and lockwashers (7) securing covers (8) and (8A) to thermostat housings (9) and
(4) Remove gaskets (1 0) and scrape any gasket residue from thermostat housings (9) and (9A) and
covers (8) and (8A).
(5) Remove seals (1 1) from thermostat covers (8) and (8A) and discard.
(6) Remove thermostats (12) from thermostat housings (9) and (9A).
(7) Clean the thermostat sealing surfaces in the thermostat housings (9) and (9A) and covers (8) and (8A).
(1) Immerse thermostats (1) in a container of heating water.
(2) Place thermostats (2) in container.
Keep thermometer (2) from touching bottom
of container. Failure to do so will result in
(3) Stir water to maintain even temperature.
(4) When thermostats (1) start to open, and again
when it's fully open, observe water temperature
as indicated on thermometer.
(5) Water temperature observed in step (4) should
match temperature range stamped on
thermostats (1). Opening temperature is
approximately 180-F (82'C), and fully open
temperature is 197-F (92'C), allow at least 1 0
minutes for thermostat to react.
(6) If thermostats do not operate at specified temperatures,