4-114. BATTERIES - Continued
(13) If battery fails load test, replace battery.
Steps 1 through 4 show battery disconnection procedure. Use
this procedure whenever disconnecting batteries for truck
To avoid serious injury, use proper lifting procedures or use a
suitable lifting device or dolly. Do not drop or tilt batteries.
Batteries contain sulturic acid. Splashing acid can cause
blindness and severe skin burns. Always wear gloves and
protective clothing when working with batteries. If acid contacts
eyes or skin, wash affected area with large amounts of water.
Consult a doctor if splashed in eye or taken internally.
(1) Turn battery switch in cab to OFF.
(2) Unlatch and open battery box cover.
Battery box is inside each floor step cab rear
compartment. Battery A (or Battery 1) is on
passenger side and Battery B (or Battery 2) is on
(3) Loosen nut (1) and remove negative (-) cable
(2) from battery terminal (3).