4-85. ROOF BEACON LIGHT-Continued
Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean dome (2) and lamps (5).
(2) Inspect dome for cracks; if cracked, replace.
(3) Inspect for lamp holders (4A); replace if damaged.
(4) Inspect wiring for fraying or cracked insulation. If wiring is damaged, contact Direct Support
(5) Inspect sockets in lamp holders (4A), lamp contacts, and wiring for corrosion. Clean corrosion with
emery cloth (Item 25, Appendix E). If corrosion cannot be removed, replace lamp holder(s) (4A),
lamp(s) and wiring as required.
(6) Inspect shaft (10) and replace if burned or damaged.
(7) Check fit of shaft (10) in upper and lower bearings (13 and 19) and replace bearings if shaft isn't a
(8) Inspect two brushes (8) and brush springs (7). Replace as required.
(9) Inspect worm gear and clutch assembly (18). Replace as required.
(10) Inspect collector ring (14). Replace as required.
(11) Apply 12 VDC to test motor (22). Replace if required.
(1) Install globe (2).
(2) Install ring (1).
(1) Secure wires to light assembly.
(2) Hold gasket (6) in place with tape.
(3) Align base with mounting bolts and install three nuts (3).
(4) Install dome (2) and ring (1).
(1) Connect batteries (see para 4-114).