4-72. COMPARTMENT DOOR HOLD-OPEN SPRINGS
This task covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Main Engine Shutdown (see para 2-12 .)
(Appendix B, Section III, Item 1)APU Shutdown (see para 2-16 .)
Batteries Disconnected (see para 4-114 .)
(1) Remove two spring clips (1) and two clevis
pins (2) to remove door arm (2A).
(2) Remove one bolt (3), one lockwasher (4),
and one flat washer (5) from both ends of
(3) Remove rod (6) with spring (7), slide (9)
and spring (8).
Short spring should be installed closest to
(1) Position long spring (7), short spring (8)
and door slide (9) as shown.
(2) Install rod (6) with bolt and secure with one
flat washer (5), one lockwasher (4) and bolt
(3) at each end.
(3) Secure door arm (2A) to door slide (9) and
to body with two clevis pins (2) and spring
(1) Connect batteries (see para 4-114).