4-14. STEP LIGHTS
This task covers:
Cleaning and Inspection
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Main Engine Shutdown (see para 2-12 .)
(Appendix B, Section lll, Item 1)
APU Shutdown (see para 2-16.)
Batteries Disconnected (see para 4-114 .)
Tags (Item 32, Appendix E)
Butt Splice Connectors (Item 27, Appendix E)
(1) Remove cover (1) with lens (2) and gasket (3)
by removing two screws (4).
(2) Remove bulb (8) if defective and install new bulb.
(3) Remove two screws (5), gasket (6) and light base
(4) Tag and disconnect electrical leads.
Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean lens (2) and light base assembly (7).
(2) Inspect lens for cracks. It cracked replace.
(3) Inspect wiring for fraying or cracked insulation. If
wiring is damaged contact Direct Support.
(4) Inspect bulb socket and wiring for corrosion. If
corroded, replace light base assembly (7).
(1) Using a butt splice connect electrical leads of light
assembly. Remove tags.
(2) Install light base assembly (7) with gasket (6) and
secure with two screws.
(3) Install cover (1), with lens (2) and Gasket (3) and
secure with two screws (4)
(1) Connect batteries (see para 4-114).