5-70. APU CAMSHAFT, GEAR AND BEARINGS
This task covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
APU Removed (see para 4-207.)
(Appendix B, Section lll, Item 1)
APU Flywheel Removed (see para 5-67.)
APU Gear Cover Removed (see para 5-68.)
Shop Equipment, Automotive
APU Governor Cup Removed (see para 5-69.)
Maintenance and Repair
APU Fuel Transfer Pump Removed
(Appendix B, Section lll, Item 4)
(see para 4-216.)
APU Injection Pump Removed (see para 5-78.)
Dry Cleaning Solvent (Item 3, Appendix E)
(1) Carefully lay engine on side to avoid dropping tappets.
(2) Remove camshaft and gear as an assembly (1).
(3) Remove two valve tappets from camshaft end of push rod holes.
(4) Place pipe inside gear assembly (2) bore (over center pin) and press camshaft (3) out at gear bore.
Be care not to damage center pin (9).
(5) Remove three screws (4) and remove gear (5), gear center (6) and ball race(7).
(6) Remove thrust washer (8) and woodruff key (1 0).