5-68. APU GEAR COVER
This task covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Lubricating Oil (Item 1 0, Appendix E)
(Appendix B, Section 111, Item 1)
Oil Seal (Figure 210, Appendix F)
Bearings (Figure 210, Appendix F)
Shop Equipment, Automotive
Seal (Figure 21 0, Appendix F)
Maintenance and Repair
(Appendix B, Section lIl, Item 4)
APU Removed (see para 4-207.)
APU Flywheel Removed (see para 5-67.)
(1) Detach the upper governor ball joint.
(2) Remove the governor speed adjustment nut and governor spring bracket.
(3) Remove the five screws (2) and lockwashers (3) holding the gear cover (4) to the crankcase.
(4) Tap the gear cover (4) with a soft hammer to loosen.
(5) Remove yoke (5) and pull shaft (6) from gear cover (4). The governor shaft is supported by two sets
of needle bearings (7 and 8).
(6) Drive both bearings (7 and 8) and oil seal (11) out from the outside of the gear cover (4).
(7) Drive oil seal (9) from the outside of the gear cover (4).
(8) Remove gear cover gasket (1 0).