5-71. APU CRANKSHAFT, BEARINGS AND SEALS - Continued
(8) Install the key (7) on the crankshaft (4) then drive the gear (6) into place.
(9) Install the retaining washer (8) and retaining ring (9).
(10) Check the crankshaft end play. Use enough rear bearing plate gaskets or shims and gaskets to provide
.010 in. to .015 in. (.254 to .381 mm) end play. If gaskets of more than .015 in. (.381 mm) total
thickness are required, use a steel shim of proper thickness and a thin gasket on each side of shim.
This avoids excessive gasket compression and maintains bolt torque.
(11) Install the piston assembly. Torque two connecting rod bolts to 27-29 ft Ibs (37-39 NĚ ).
(12) Install the oil pan using a new gasket. Torque six oil pan screws to 32-38 ft Ibs (44-51 NĚ ).
d. Follow-on Maintenance.
(1) Install camshaft (see para 5-70).
(2) Install governor cup (see para 5-69).
(3) Install gear cover (see para 5-68).
(4) Install flywheel (see para 5-67).
(5) Install cylinder head (see para 5-72).
(6) Install APU (see para 4-207).
(7) Replace oil (see para 3-1).