5-51. HOIST CYLINDERS - Continued
Death or serious injury could occur if unauthorized
or unnecessary personnel are in the hoisting area.
Permit only personnel actually engaged in the
hoisting operation to be near the vehicle and
hoisting equipment. All instructions for the hoisting
operations must come from one authorized person.
Injury to personnel or damage to equipment could
occur from improper hoisting. Hoist the load slowly
to avoid tearing out lifting eye assemblies, slipping
slings or load shift. Do not jerk the load or swing it
from side-to-side when hoisting.
additional stress on hoisting components which can
cause failure and loss of load. Be sure hoisting
equipment is on solid footing and is suitable for the
size of the load. Watch boom angle and overhead
clearance when hoisting.
(5) Remove screws (5) and pin (6) from
(6) Lift lower end of cylinder away from
(7) Remove screw (7) and pin (8) from
(8) Remove cylinder.
(1) Install upper end of cylinder between
supports and install pin (8) and screw (7).
(2) Install pin (6) and screw (5) in lower end of
(3) Install hose (4).
(4) Install new O-ring between block (1) and
cylinder (2) and attach block (1) to cylinder
(2) with three screws (3).
Raise and lower ladder several times to
remove air from cylinder.
(6) Check oil level in the hydraulic oil tank (see
(7) Bed ladder (see para 2-14).