5-50. HYDRAULIC SYSTEM COMPONENT TESTING - Continued
(5) Engage P.T.O.
(6) If fluid (more than a few drops) flows into the bucket, the valve is stuck open and must be replaced.
(7) Reconnect the return line to the manifold block and replenish the hydraulic reservoir.
Hydraulic System Purging.
To be accomplished after pump installation and pump cavitation
(1) Ensure that all hydraulic components are fully retracted.
(2) Ensure hydraulic reservoir is full.
(3) Loosen vent/fill plug (located to the rear of outlet on top of main hydraulic pump housing)
(4) Allow air and fluid to escape until fluid flow is steady with no air bubbles present.
(5) Torque vent/fill plug to 12 lb. ft. (16 N.m).
(6) Operate outriggers, turntable and ladder to their full travel limits to ensure air is purged from the
hydraulic system (see para 2-14).