5-48. HYDRAULIC OIL TANK - Continued
(1) Install fittings and filters on hydraulic oil tank (11) if removed.
Serious injury could occur if heavy equipment is moved/lifted
without sufficient personnel to do the job. Use proper physical
lifting procedures or use a suitable lifting device or dolly. Wear
safety shoes, gloves and other suitable protective clothing. Area
should be clear of other personnel. Serious injury or death can
result from falling objects.
(2) Install hydraulic oil tank (11) on support brackets.
(3) Install two straps (10), four lockwashers (9) and nuts (8).
(4) Attach removed hoses to fittings (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7).
Make sure cap is on hydraulic tank drain hose.
(5) Remove dipstick (12).
(6) Fill hydraulic oil tank with approximately 36 gallons (136 liters) of hydraulic oil (Item 28, Appendix E).
Install dipstick (12).
(7) Connect batteries (see para 4-114).
(8) Cycle all functions of the aerial system for 10 minutes (see para 2-14).
(9) Check oil level on dipstick (12). Add oil (Item 28, Appendix E) as necessary.
(10) Check for leaks, repair as necessary.
(1) Bed ladder (see para 2-14).