This task covers:
c. Follow-on Maintenance
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Main Engine Shutdown (see para 2-12.)
(Appendix B, Section III, Item 1)
APU Shutdown (see para 2-16.)
Batteries Disconnected (see para 4-114.)
Cab Roof Panel Removed (see para 4-76.)
Antifreeze, Permanent, Glycol (Item 29, Appendix E)
Engine Enclosure Removed (see para 4-127.)
Fan Removed (see para 4-132.)
Do not remove screws securing velcro strips
to radiator shroud.
(1) Remove six panhead screws (1), six lock-
washers (2), and six flatwashers (3) from
front edge of radiator shroud.
(2) Remove two hex head screws (4), lock-
washers (5), and flatwashers (6) from inside
of radiator shroud.
(3) Remove nine panhead screws (7), nine
nylon 1 washers (8), and upper panel (9).
(4) Remove two hex head screws (10), two flat-
washers (11), two lockwashers (12) and two
hex nuts (13) from driver side of radiator
(5) Remove two hex head screws (1 4), two
flatwashers (15), and two lockwashers (16)
from passenger side of radiator shroud.
(6) Use a suitable lifting device to lift radiator
shroud (1 7) out through cab roof.
(7) Open radiator drain cock located on bottom
of radiator and drain coolant into suitable
Radiator coolant capacity is 14.5 gallons (55 liters).