5-24. EXHAUST MANIFOLD
This task covers:
d. Follow-on Maintenance
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Main Engine Shutdown (see para 2-12.)
(Appendix B, Section 1II, Item 1)
APU Shutdown (see para 2-16.)
Batteries Disconnected (see para 4-114.)
Engine Enclosure Removed (see para 4-127.)
Penetrating Oil (Item 8, Appendix E)
Gaskets (Fig. 97, Appendix F)
Exhaust parts can be hot enough to cause severe burns if
touched. Allow exhaust system to cool before servicing.
If exhaust manifold attaching parts are corroded, apply
penetrating oil (Item 8, Appendix E) to ease disassembly.
(1) Remove the right exhaust manifold to turbocharger pipe (1) by loosening and removing the two sea
(2) Loosen dipstick bracket screw.
(3) While supporting the right exhaust manifold (3) remove the five nuts (4). Remove the two hold-
down crabs (5) and three bevel washers (6)from the exhaust manifold studs (7).
(4) Slide the right exhaust manifold from the studs and lift from engine compartment.
(5) Remove and discard the two exhaust manifold gaskets (8).
(6) Follow steps 1 and 3 through 5 to remove left exhaust manifold.