4-218. APU CRANKCASE BREATHER
This task covers:
b. Cleaning and Inspectiond. Follow-on Maintenance
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Main Engine Shutdown (see para 2-12.)
(Appendix B, Section III, Item 1)
APU Shutdown (see para 2-16.)
Batteries Disconnected (see para 4-114.)
O-ring (Figure 203, Appendix F)
Solvent, Dry Cleaning (Item 3, Appendix E)
(1) Loosen screw (1) and remove air housing door (2).
(2) Remove hose clamp (3) and hose (4).
(3) Loosen screw (5) and remove clamp (6).
(4) Remove two insulator halves (7).
(5) Remove breather cover (8), O-ring (10), and
breather (9). Discard O-ring.
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is potentially
dangerous. Avoid repeated and prolonged
breathing of vapors and skin contact with the
liquid. Do not use near open flame, arcing
equipment or other ignition sources. Always
wear eye protection and protective clothing.
The flash point of P-D-680 is 100 to 138 deg.
F (38 to 59 deg. C).
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes
will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use only with
effective chip guarding and personal protec-
tive equipment (goggles/shield, gloves, etc.)
(1) Clean breather with dry cleaning solvent
(Item 3, Appendix E) and dry with compressed air.
(1) Install new breather cover O-ring (1 0).
(2) Install breather (9) and breather cover (8).