4-216. APU FUEL TRANSFER PUMP
This task covers:
c. Follow-on Maintenance
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Main Engine Shutdown (see para 2-12.)
(Appendix B, Section III, Item 1)
APU Shutdown (see para 2-16.)
Batteries Disconnected (see para 4-114.)
Butt Splice Connectors (Item 27, Appendix E)
(1) Tag and disconnect two wires (1) from fuel
transfer pump (2).
(2) Tag two hoses (3 and 4) to ensure correct
connections at reassembly. Make note of
directional arrow on pump body.
(3) Loosen two hose clamps (5 and 6) and remove
hoses (3 and 4) from fuel transfer pump (2).
(4) Remove capscrew (7) and remove fuel transfer
Be sure directional arrow on fuel transfer
pump is facing in proper direction.
(1) Position fuel transfer pump (2) on chassis and
install capscrew (7).
(2) Install two hoses (3 and 4) on fuel transfer
pump (2) and tighten two hose clamps (5 and 6).
(3) Connect two wires (1) with butt splice connectors
(Item 27, Appendix E).
c. Follow-on Maintenance.
(1) Connect batteries (see para 4-114).
(2) Start APU (see para 2-16) and check for leaks.