4-215. APU EXHAUST SYSTEM
This task covers:
c. Follow-on Maintenance
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Main Engine Shutdown (see para 2-12 .)
(Appendix B, Section III, Item 1)
APU Shutdown (see para 2-16 .)
Batteries Disconnected (see para 4-114 .)
Wire Brush (Item 62, Appendix E)
Penetrating Oil (Item 8, Appendix E)
Exhaust parts can be hot enough to cause
severe burns if touched. Allow exhaust system
to cool before inspection or repair.
(1) Use a wire brush to remove loosen rust
and dirt from exhaust system.
(2) Check entire exhaust system for holes,
loose connections, and broken welds.
(3) Make sure exhaust clamps are tight and
(4) Make sure exhaust gasket is undamaged
and exhaust nuts are tight.
(5) Make sure exhaust lock tab is properly