4-212. APU OIL FILTER
This task covers:
c. Follow-on Maintenance
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Main Engine Shutdown (see para 2-12.)
(Appendix B, Section III, Item 1)
APU Shutdown (see para 2-16.)
Batteries Disconnected (see para 4-114.)
Oil, SAE 40 (Item 20, Appendix E)
Oil Filter (Figure 205, Appendix F)
(1) Drain oil from oil filter (1) in a suitable
(2) Remove oil filter (1) by turning counterclockwise
(3) Clean filter mounting base (2).
(1) Moisten filter gasket with oil (Item 20, Appendix E)
and install new oil filter (1). Turn on clockwise until
gasket touches mounting base (2).
(2) Tighten 1/4 to 1/2 additional turn.
c. Follow-on Maintenance.
(1) Connect batteries (see para 4-114).
(2) Start and operate APU (see para 2-16) and
check for leaking. Tighten filter in small increments
till leaking ceases.