4-202. MONITOR AND NOZZLE - Continued
(1) Before installation, apply a generous bead of silicone sealant (Item 35, Appendix E) to the mating
surface of the monitor. The sealant must seal around the full diameter of the waterway opening,
and should also be applied around the four mounting holes.
Serious injury could occur if heavy equipment is moved/lifted
without sufficient personnel to do the job. Use proper physical
lifting procedures or use a suitable lifting device of dolly. Wear
safety shoes, gloves and other suitable protective clothing.
Area should be clear of other personnel. Serious injury or
death can result from falling objects.
(2) Attach a suitable lifting device to monitor and nozzle assembly and lift into position.
(3) Install four bolts (5), lockwashers (7) and nuts (6).
Tighten nuts (6) evenly in a criss-cross
(4) Feed individual wires of cable (4) into electrical box until cable can be pulled into box. Tighten
connector (3) securely.
(5) Connect six wires of cable (4) to lower terminal block (TB1) terminals #2 thru #7, as shown in
wiring diagram (Appendix H).
(6) Install cover (2) on electrical box and tighten four screws (1).
c. Follow-on Maintenance.
(1) Connect batteries (see para 4-114).
(2) Test monitor and nozzle operation using the STREAM/SHAPE, LEFT/RIGHT a d
RAISE/LOWER toggle switches located on the aerial control panel and at the ladder tip (see para