4-199. AIR OPERATED AERIAL DISCHARGE VALVE - Continued
(2) Remove four screws (19), two locating plates (20), retaining ring (21), gasket (22) and seat (23).
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is potentially dangerous. Avoid
repeated and prolonged breathing of vapors and skin contact
with the liquid. Do not use near open flame, arcing equipment
or other ignition sources. Always wear eye protection and
protective clothing. The flash point of P-D-680 is 100 to 138
deg. F (38 to 59 deg. C).
(1) Clean all metal parts in dry cleaning solvent (Item 3, Appendix E).
Death or serious injury could occur if compressed air is
directed against the skin. Do not use compressed air for
cleaning or drying unless the pressure is/has been reduced
to 30 psi (2.11 kg/cm ) or less. When working with com-
pressed air, always use chip guards, eye protection, and other
personal protective equipment.
(2) Dry all parts with compressed air.
(3) Inspect valve body (4), seat (23) and thrust washer (18) for damage. Replace parts or entire
valve as necessary.
(1) Install seat (23), new gasket (22), and retaining ring (21). Install two locating plates (20) and
secure with four screws (19).
(2) Install thrust washer (18), new gasket (17), cover (16) and secure wtih four lockwashers (15) and
four screws (14).
(1) Install valve (4), new gaskets (13), and elbow (12), and secure with eight bolts (11), eight nuts
(10), and eight lockwashers (10A).
(2) Slide seal (8) on pipe (9) and position between grooves in pipe (9) and elbow (12). Use new seal
(3) Install two clamps (7) and secure with two bolts (6) and two nuts (5).
(4) Install actuator (3) on valve (4) and secure with four washers (2) and nuts (1).
f. Follow-on Maintenance.
(1) Connect batteries (see para 4-114).