4-198. AERIAL LADDER INTERCOM - Continued
(3) Tag and disconnect all wires (5).
(4) Loosen two cable connectors (6). Tag and
remove two cables (7) from intercom.
b. Installation of Base Unit.
(1) Install two cables (7) in intercom and install two
cable connectors (6).
(2) Using tags for identification, splice ail wires (5) with
butt splice connectors (Item 27, Appendix E).
(3) Position cover (3) with gasket (4) on intercom
and install six screws (2) with lockwashers.
(4) Position intercom in control panel cover. Install
two screws with plastic washers from exterior side
of cover. Install two crown nuts (1) and tighten
Removal of Laddertip Speaker.
(1) Tag two wires (1) and cut wires of butt
(2) Remove crown nuts (2), hex nuts (3), bolts (4),
lockwashers (5) and bracket (6). Remove
intercom speaker (7) from ladder.
d. Installation of Laddertip Speaker.
(1) Position speaker (7) on ladder and install
bracket (6) across ladder brace with two bolts (4),
lockwashers (5) and hex nuts (3). Tighten
nuts (3) securely.
(2) Install two crown nuts (2) and tighten snugly
against hex nuts (3). Use two wrenches to
lock crown nuts (2) against hex nuts (3).
Turn crown nuts (3) in a clockwise direction
while turning hex nut (2) in a counter-clockwise
(3) Connect two wires (1) with butt splice
connectors (Item 27, Appendix E).
e. Follow-on Maintenance.
(1) Connect batteries (see para 4-114).