4-192. PRESSURE REDUCING VALVE (OUTRIGGERS)
THIS TASK COVERS:
a. Valve Cartridge Replacement c. Follow-on Maintenance
b. Valve Block Replacement
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Main Engine Shutdown (see para 2-12.)
(Appendix B, Section IlI, Item 1)
APU Shutdown (see para 2-16.)
Batteries Disconnected (see para 4-114.)
Tags (Item 32, Appendix E)
Hydraulic Oil (Item 28, Appendix E)
Caps, Shipping and Sealing (Item 39, Appendix E)
O-ring (Figure 198, Appendix E)
a. Valve Cartridge Replacement.
(1) To remove valve cartridge (1), unscrew
cartridge from valve block (2). Remove and
discard O-ring from valve cartridge.
(2) Install new O-ring on valve cartridge (1) and
install cartridge in valve block (2).
(3) Start engine and check for leaks. Check
b. Valve Block Replacement.
(1) Tag and disconnect hydraulic hoses (3, 4 5
and 6). Cap hose ends and parts in block to
prevent entry of dirt.
(2) Remove two screws (7) and washers (8).
Remove valve block (2) from bracket (9).
(3) Put new valve block (2) in position on bracket
(9) and install two screws (7) with washers (8).
(4) Connect four hydraulic hoses (3, 4, 5 and 6)
to valve block (2).
(1) Connect batteries (see para 4-114).
(2) Test operate pressure reducing valve.
(3) Start engine, operate outrigger hydraulic
system (see para 2-14), and check for leaks
and proper operation.