4-168. FUEL TANK SENDING UNITS
THIS TASK COVERS:
c. Follow-on Maintenance
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Main Engine Shutdown (see para 2-12.)
(Appendix B, Section III, Item 1)
APU Shutdown (see para 2-16.)
Batteries Disconnected (see para 4-114.)
Fuel Tank Removed (see para 4-169.)
Pipe Sealant (Item 2, Appendix E)
Gasket (Figure 167, Appendix F)
Tags, Identification (Item 32, Appendix E)
Fuel is very flammable and can explode
easily. To avoid serious injury or death,
keep fuel away from open fire and keep
fire extinguisher within easy reach when
working with fuel. Do not work on fuel
system when engine is hot. Fuel can be
ignited by hot engine. When working
with fuel, post signs that read NO
SMOKING WITHIN 50 FEET of vehicle.
(1) Tag and disconnect leads from sending unit (2).
(2) Remove five screws (1) from fuel tank sending
Two fuel tank sending units are identical
and use same procedure.
(3) Remove fuel tank sending unit (2) and gasket (3).
(1) Install new gasket (3) on fuel tank sending unit (2).
(2) Install fuel tank sending unit (2) and gasket (3)
and secure with five screws (1).
(3) Connect leads to sending unit (2).
(1) Install fuel tank (see para 4-169.).
(2) Connect batteries (see para 4-114).