4-166. EXHAUST PIPE CLAMPS AND HANGERS - Continued
Cleaning and Inspection.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is potentially dangerous. Avoid repeated and
prolonged breathing of vapors and skin contact with liquid. Do not use near open
flame, arcing equipment or other ignition sources. Always wear eye protection and
protective clothing. The flash point of P-D-680 is 1 00 to 138 deg. F (38 to 59 deg.
(1) Clean all items in dry cleaning solvent (Item 3, Appendix E).
(2) Inspect brackets and clamps for bent or cracked condition. Replace any damaged brackets or clamps.
(3) Inspect all screws, U-bolts and threaded studs for bent condition or damaged threads. Replace
damaged screws, U-bolts or studs.
(4) Inspect springs for cracked, broken or bent condition. Replace damaged springs.
(1) Connect batteries (see para 4-114).