4-157. AIR TANKS
THIS TASK COVERS:
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Main Engine Shutdown (see para 2-12 .)
(Appendix B, Section lII, Item 1)
APU Shutdown (see para 2-16 .)
Pipe Sealant (Item 2, Appendix E)
Batteries Disconnected (see para 4-114 .)
Air Tanks Drained
Death or serious injury could occur if compressed air is directed
against the skin. Always drain the air tanks via the draincocks
prior to removal.
Refer to locator view in para 4-147 and air, schematics in
Appendix G for additional information.
This is a generalized procedure for removal of any (of six)
(1) Tag and remove all hoses connected to the
air tank being removed. Do not remove any
fittings or valves while tank is installed on
(2) Remove two capscrews (1), washers (5),
and nuts (6).
(3) Remove capscrews (2) and nuts (4) and remove
support clamps (3) at each end of the tank.
(4) Slide the tank from and remove tank from
(5) Note location and position of all fittings and
valves and remove from tank.