4-149. DOUBLE CHECK VALVES
THIS TASK COVERS:
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Main Engine Shutdown (see para 2-12 .)
(Appendix B, Section lll, Item 1)
Batteries Disconnected (see para 4-114 .)
All Air tanks Drained (see para 4-157 .)
One double check valve (DC-4) is mounted on the center of the
first crossmember ahead of the front rear tandem. One double-
check valve (DC-4) is located on the relay valve (R-12) between
the axles on the left-hand side of the truck.
Refer to locator view in para 4-147 and air schematics in
Appendix G for additional information.
(1) Block vehicle wheels or hold by means other than vehicle service brakes.
(2) Tag and disconnect air lines. Remove mounting bolt and remove the double check valve.
(1) Install double check valve with mounting bolt.
(2) Connect air lines to double check valve.
(1) Connect batteries (see para 4-114).
(2) Check for air leaks (see para 4-147).