4-145. PARKING BRAKE CONTROL VALVES
THIS TASK COVERS:
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Main Engine Shutdown (see para 2-12.)
(Appendix B, Section 1II, Item 1)
APU Shutdown (see para 2-16.)
Batteries Disconnected (see para 4-114.)
All Air Tanks Drained
Pipe Sealant (Item 2, Appendix E)
Death or serious injury could occur if compressed air is directed
against the skin. Always drain air tanks via the draincocks prior
to maintaining the parking brake valves.
The following procedure covers replacement of the PARKING
BRAKE control, the EMERGENCY PARKING BRAKE
RELEASE, and the FRONT WHEEL LOCK control. Remove
and replace components as necessary.
(1) Remove eight screws (1) with washers (1 A) to loosen two panels.
(2) Remove six nuts (2) and six washers (3) and three U-bolts (4) and remove six washers (5) and six nuts
(6) from U-bolts (4).
(3) Remove set screws (7) and control knobs (8).
(4) Tag and disconnect air hoses from brake valves (10).
(5) Remove retaining nuts (9) to remove control valves (10).
(6) Remove all pipe fittings (11) and (12).
(7) Remove parking brake switch (13) and retain.
(1) Coat all threads with sealant (Item 2, Appendix E). Install fittings (11 and 12) and switch (13)
on valves (10).
(2) Install three control valves (10) to control panels (1 B and 1 C).
(3) Connect air hoses to brake valves (10).
(4) Secure brake valves (10) with retaining nuts (9).