4-141. RADIATOR HOSES AND PIPING - Continued
(4) Install hoses (1 through 5) as necessary. Secure with damps (6).
(5) After installation always ensure there is at least 1 in. (25 mm) clearance between any hose or pipe
and any moving part (eg: fan belt). Replace any plastic tie straps (Item 33, Appendix E) removed in
(6) Fill radiator with coolant (Item 29, Appendix E). Make sure all drain cocks are closed.
(7) Install radiator cap and start engine. Check for leaks as engine warms up.
(8) Stop main engine, and when co l, check radiator level. Add coolant as required.
b. Follow-on Maintenance.
(1) Install engine compartment covers (see para 4-127).
(2) Connect batteries (see para 4-114).