4-124. PORTABLE WORK LIGHTS (110 VAC) - Continued
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean cage and lamp body.
(2) Inspect cage for cracks. If cracked, replace.
(3) Inspect for broken or cracked housing. If damaged, replace.
(4) Inspect wiring and cord for fraying or cracked insulation. If damaged, replace.
(5) Inspect bulb socket, bulb contracts, and wiring for corrosion. Clean corrosion with emery cloth (item
25, Appendix E). If corrosion cannot be removed, replace light assembly.
(6) Inspect O-ring for cracks or deterioration. If damaged replace.
(1) Install bulb (4), and O-ring (5) in housing (3).
(2) Install cage (2), and fasten in place with screw (1).
(3) Install wires and tighten screws (12). Remove wire tags.
(4) Install base (11), and tighten screws (10).
(5) Tighten screws (8).
(6) Install boot (7) over plug.
(7) Connect plug (9) to lamp and turn clockwise to lock in place.