4-115. BATTERY BOX ASSEMBLY
This task covers:
b. Cleaning and Inspectiond. Follow-on Maintenance
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Main Engine Shutdown (see para 2-12.)
(Appendix B, Section 1II, Item 1)
APU Shutdown (see para 2-16.)
Batteries Disconnected (see para 4-114.)
Emery Cloth, Item 25, Appendix E
Baking Soda (Item 5, Appendix E)
Never operate welding equipment near storage batteries
Batteries contain explosive mixtures of hydrogen and oxygen
gases in each cell at all times. To avoid serious injury, always
wear face shield, goggles, safety shoes, gloves and protective
clothing when working with batteries. Keep sparks, flames,
burning cigarettes or other ignition sources away at all times.
(1) Remove eight screws (1), lockwashers (2), and nuts (3) from hinge (4).
(2) Remove hinge from panel (5) and truck body.
(3) Remove eight screws (6), washer (7), and nut (8).
(4) Remove hinge (9) from panels (5 and 10).
(5) Remove four screws (11), lockwasher(12), and nut (13).
(6) Remove latch (14).
(7) Remove three screws (15), lockwasher (16), and nut (17).
(8) Remove clip (18).