4-97. CAB DOME LIGHTS-Continued
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean lens and reflector.
(2) Inspect lens for cracks. If cracked, replace lens.
(3) Inspect for broken or cracked reflector. If damaged, replace light assembly.
(4) Inspect wiring for fraying or cracked insulation. If wiring is damaged, contact Direct Support
(5) Inspect bulb socket, bulb contacts, and wiring for corrosion. Clean corrosion with emery cloth (Item
25, Appendix E). If corrosion is excessive, replace light assembly.
(1) Install three switches (7), and attach wires.
(2) Attach wires to light assembly (6).
(3) Install new butt splice on wire (9) and connect ground wires (8).
(4) Align light assembly to cab roof and secure in place with four screws (5).
(5) Install two bulbs (2).
(6) Press two cones (1) on tolight assembly to install.
(7) Install two bulbs (4).
(8) Press lens (3) into place.
d. Follow-up Maintenance.
(1) Connect batteries (see para 4-114).