4-45. #1, #2, #3 and #4 DISCHARGE VALVES - Continued
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is potentially dangerous. Avoid repeated and
prolonged breathing of vapors and skin contact with the liquid. Do not use near
open flame, arcing equipment or other ignition sources. Always wear eye
protection and protective clothing. The flash point of P-D-680 is 100 to 138 deg. F
(38 to 59 deg. C).
(1) Clean all parts in dry cleaning solvent (Item 3, Appendix E).
Death or serious injury could occur if compressed air is directed against the skin.
Do not use compressed air for cleaning or drying unless the pressure is/has been
reduced to 30 psi (2.11 kg/cm2) or less. When working with compressed air,
always use chip guards, eye protection, and other personal protective equipment.
(2) Dry all parts with compressed air.
(3) Inspect ball (24) for scratches and scoring. Replace as necessary.
(4) Inspect valve body (1 5) for scoring, cracks, and damaged threads. Replace as necessary.
(5) Inspect upper stem bushing (25) and lower stem bushing (29) for excessive wear. Replace as
(6) Inspect seal retainer (19) for scoring, scra ches, and cracking. Replace as necessary.