4-18. GAUGES - ENGINE STATUS - Continued
Installation of WATER TEMP, OIL TEMP and OIL PRESS gauges.
(1) Install gauge (1) through front of gauge panel.
(2) Install bracket (7) and secure with two lockwashers (6) and nuts (5).
(3) Connect pressure line (4) to back of gauge (1).
(4) Install bulb socket (2) with bulb (3) in back of gauge (1) by pressing firmly into place.
(5) Install gauge panel (see para b. above).
(6) Start truck engine and check gauge operation. Allow engine sufficient time to reach operating
temperature. Turn PANEL LIGHTS switch ON at gauge panel and check that gauge illuminates.
(1) Connect batteries (see para 4-114)