4-18. GAUGES-ENGINE STATUS
This task covers:
Removal of Gauge Panel
Installation of Gauge Panel
Removal of FUEL and VOLTS gauges.
Installation of FUEL and VOLTS gauges.
Removal of WATER TEMP, OIL TEMP and OIL PRESS gauges.
Installation of WATER TEMP, OIL TEMP and OIL PRESS gauges.
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Main Engine Shutdown (see para 2-12 .)
(Appendix B, Section lll, Item 1)
APU Shutdown (see para 2-16 .)
Batteries Disconnected (see para 4-114 .)
Removal of Gauge Panel.
(1) Remove four crown nuts (1), lockwashers (2), flat
washers (3) and screws (4).
(2) Remove light shield (5) and allow lights to hang
from wire harnesses.
(3) Remove five screws (6), trim (7) and corner (8).
(4) Remove eight screws (9) and trim (10).
(5) Remove six screws (11) and trim (12).
Do not use force when removing gauge
Wires and tubes connected to
instruments can be damaged.
(6) Remove panel (13).
Installation of Gauge Panel.
(1) Put panel (13) in position. Loosely install one
screw in top of panel to hold it in position.
(2) Install trim (12) and secure with six screws (11).
(3) Install trim (10) and secure with eight screws (9).
(4) Install trim (7) and secure with top two screws (6).
(5) Install corner (8) and secure with two screws (6).
(6) Put light shield (5) in position and secure with four
screws (4), flat washers (3), lockwashers (2) and
crown nuts (1).