4-13. COMPARTMENT LIGHTS - Continued
Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean lens (4) and light base assembly (7).
(2) Inspect lens for cracks. If cracked, replace lens.
(3) Inspect for broken or cracked reflector. If damaged, replace light base assembly (7).
(4) Inspect wiring for fraying or cracked insulation.
If wiring is damaged contact Direct Support
(5) Inspect bulb socket, bulb contacts and wiring for corrosion. Clean corrosion with emery cloth (Item
25, Appendix E). If corrosion cannot be removed, replace light base assembly.
(1) To install new switch, splice switch (2) to wiring harness.
(2) Install lens (4) and fasten in place with nut (1).
(3) Connect electrical leads with butt splice.
(4) Position light assembly (7) and secure with four screws (6).
(5) Secure lens (4) with four screws (3).
(6) Test light for proper operation.
(1) Reconnect batteries (see para 4-114).