2-14. AERIAL LADDER SET-UP - Continued
g. Bedding the Ladder.
Lower the ladder only until it makes contact with the ladder bed
It is possible to exert downward force with the
RAISE/LOWER control and cause possible damage to the truck.
(1) Fully retract and lower the ladder into the ladder bed locks.
(2) Turn off all lights and accessories.
(3) Close aerial control panel cover.
h. Retracting Outriggers.
(1) Remove outrigger pins from all outriggers and store pins in their holders.
(2) Switch DIVERTER VALVE OUTRIGGER/AERIAL switch on the outrigger control panel to the
(3) Set HIGH IDLE switch up to on position.
To avoid possible crushing injury, be sure ail personnel are clear
of outriggers before retracting.
(4) Raise and retract all outriggers completely. Close and latch doors on outrigger controls.
(5) Set HI IDLE switch to off position.
(6) Close and latch door on outrigger control panel.'
(7) Store outrigger pads and wheel chocks in their storage brackets on underside of truck frame.
(8) Switch the AERIAL PTO and AERIAL MASTER switches in the cab to the QFF position.