TRANSMISSION REPAIR (Continued)
(1) Install the oil filter tube (8) into the oil filter(7).
Install the sealring (9) onto the upper end of the
tube. Apply oil-soluble grease (Appendix D, Item
21) to both the sealring and its bore in the
transmission housing. Install the filter assembly
and retain it with 5/16-18x5/8 bolt. Torque the
bolt to10-15 ft-lb (14-20 N.m).
(2) Install two 5/16-18x3 inch headless guide screws
into the transmission housing. Install the oil pan
(5) gasket (6). Install the oil pan and retain it with
twenty-one washer-head screws (4). Remove the
two guide bolts for installation of last two screws.
Torque the screws to 15-20ft-lb (20-27N.rnPan
bolts must retain a minimum of 5 ft-lb (7 N.m)
after gasket set to prevent leak-age.
Torque converter installation.
Check to ensure that sealring (72) is lubricated
with oil-soluble grease (Appendix D, Item 21 ) and
installed into its groove in pump hub (67)before
installing the torque converter assembly.
(1) Attach torque converter lifter to the torque
When lifting an object, make sure the hoist is
fastened securely. Be sure the item being lifted does
not exceed the capacity of the lifting device.