6-15. TRANSMISSION REPAIR (Continued).
INITIAL SET-UP (Continued)
Front Installer (J-25587-13)
Center Installer (J-25587-1 1)
Rear Installer (J-25587-12)
Front Swaging Tool Holder (J-25587-17)
Center Swaging Tool Holder (J-25587-17)
Rear Swaging Tool Holder (J-25587-17)
Front Swaging Tool (J-25587-27) (2)
Center Swaging Tool (J-25587-23) (2)
Rear Swaging Tool (J-25587-23) (2)
Oil Pan Gasket (23016682)
Oil Filter (23019201)
Anchor Bolt (23045343)
Front Support Gasket (23014221)
Governor Kit (6880353)
Cleaning Solvent (Appendix D, Item 54)
Transmission Oil (Appendix D, Item 38)
Grease (Appendix D, Item 21)
Grease (Appendix D, Item 22)
Loctite (Appendix D, Item 27)
Para. Condition Description
4-156 Transmission Removed
a. Torque converter removal.
(1) Position the transmission front upward.
(2) Remove the converter retaining strap used
for shipping and handling.
(3) Attach lifter tool and lift the complete
torque converter (1) from the transmission.
b. Oil pan removal
(1) Remove the modulator retainer bolt (2).
Remove the retainer (3). If not previously
removed, remove the modulator control.
(2) Remove the twenty-one washer-head
screws (4) that retain the oil pan (5).
(3) Remove the oil pan (5) and gasket (6).
(4) Remove the oil filter retaining screw.
(5) Remove and separate the oil filter (7) and
the oil filter tube (8).
(6) Discard the oil filter (7). Discard the seal-
ring (9) from the upper end of the tube.
c. Modulated lock-up valve removal.
(1) Remove bolts that retain the modulated
lock-up valve body (10) to the trans-
(2) Remove modulated lock-up valve assembly
d. Tube adapter removal.
(1) Remove the four bolts (11) that retain the
tube adapter (12) to the transmission housing.
(2) Remove the two bolts (13) that retain the
first clutch feed tube (14) to the valve body.
(3) Remove the tube adapter (12) and tubes
(15 and 16) as an assembly.