6-11. OIL PUMP, FILTERS, AND COOLER MAINTENANCE (Continued).
(5) Apply 150 psi (935 kPa) air pressure while
(6) Replace if there are moving or growing bub-
bles after one minute.
g. Oil pressure regulator valve inspection.
(1) Remove valve retainer plug from crank-
(2) Remove oil pressure regulating valve from
(3) Move the regulator inner valve assembly (1)
to ensure it operates freely.
(4) Inspect oil pressure regulator valve as
(5) Make sure that snaprings (2 and 3) are in
position and the inner valve spool has an
unobstructed 0.125 inch (3.175 mm) di-
ameter bleed hole (4).
If condition exists as shown and dimensions
are not as specified, replace complete valve
h. Oil filter components inspection.
(1) Discard filter elements.
(2) Disassemble by-pass valve, plug and spring
in filter base.
Diesel fuel is toxic and flammable. Skin and
eye protection is required. Good general
ventilation is normally adequate. Keep away
from open flame and other ignition sources.
(3) Wash all parts in diesel fuel (Appendix D,