6-19. TRANSMISSION REPAIR. (Continued)
d. Installing Mainshaft.
(1) Using 2nd speed bushing installer press 2nd
Using 2nd speed bushing installer press 1st
gear bushing (39) onto mainshaft (5) until it
speed gear bushing (39) onto mainshaft (5)
bottoms against shoulder.
until it bottoms against hub.
(5) Install synchronizer blocker ring (37) and 2nd
speed gear (33) onto mainshaft (5) and against
1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear bushings
synchronizer hub (38). Index synchronizer key
(49,40,35) are made of sintered
slots with keys (61) in synchronizer hub (38).
iron. Exercise care when installing
them or damage may result.
(2) Press 1st and 2nd speed synchno er hub (38)
This roller bearing retainer holds bearings in
onto mainshaft (5) until it bottoms against
position and in final transmission assembly,
shoulder with the annulus toward the rear of the
is pushed forward into recess by mainshaft
(3) Install 1st and 2nd synchronizer keys (61) and
(6) Install 3rd speed gear thrust washer (36) onto
mainshaft with tang on thrust washer in slot on
shaft (5) and against 2nd gear cushing (40).