6-19. TRANSMISSION REPAIR. (Continued)
(b) Apply grease (Appendix D, Item 15) to hold
a. Transmission Cover Assembly.
shaft in place.
(1) Place fork detent ball springs (55) and balls (54)
Push 3rd and 4th shaft (59) through fork
in position in holes in cover (23).
(48) and cover bore, keeping both balls and
pin in position between shafts until retaining
(2) Start shifter shafts (49,50, ) into cover (53).
holes align in fork and shaft.
(a) Depress detent balls (54) with a small punch
(d) Install retaining pin (56) and move to neutral
and push shafts (49,50,59) over balls.
(b) Hold reverse fork (58) in position and push
(5) Place two interlock balls (54) between the 1st
shaft (59) through yoke.
and 2nd shifter shaft (50) and 3rd and 4
shifter (49) in the cross bore of the front
(c) Install split pin (46) in fork (58) and shaft
and push fork in neutral position.
(a) Hold 1st and 2nd fork (47) in position and
push shaft (50) through cover bore in fork
(3) Hold 3rd and 4th fork (48) in position and push
until retainer hole and fork align with hole in
shaft (49) through yoke but not through front
(4) Place the interlock balls (54) cross bore in front
(b) Install retainer pin (46) and move to neutral
support boss between reverse andrd3and 4th
Install new shifter shaft hole expansion plugs
(51) and expand in place.
Install interlock pin (55) in 3rd and 4th
shifter shaft hole.